'Bout This Blogger Tag

This is a version of Cait @ Paper Fury's 'Bout This Blogger Tag, and it is months late. Oh well.
***
I can't make the linked picture work, so here's the link to the original post.
1. Why did you start blogging?
Do you want me to be honest? Because it might make a few bloggers blush - I read this tag as filled in by Kate at The Magic Violinist, and then realised how awesome both she and the maker of this tag (see above) were. I wanted to be awesome like them. It was also the Easter holidays; I was bored and trying to avoid doing my homework.

So, let's say a combination of factors.


2. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?Again, like so many things, it was to do with boredom. I was really impatient and couldn't wait to start writing my first post, so when it asked me for a name, I was stumped. I started wondering if starting a blog was even worth it. Does the blogging world really need another teen reader?



Cue a lighted bulb above my head.
Unfortunately, when you Google my blog, you mostly get reviews and IMDb listings for a film called Another Teen Movie, which is annoying, because no-one can find me. Note to self: try a couple of different engine searches before you choose a name next time!

3. How many designs have you been through since you started blogging? (Pictures! We demand pictures!)

I have only been blogging for three or four months. Don't try and make me contemplate a new design!
(FYI, it's a standard (ish) Blogger template from Awesome Inc. And I love it (^-^).)

4. Have you ever switched blog platforms? What made you move? If you haven’t ever changed…why?

I am a Blogger blogger. I chose it because I'd heard it was easy-to-use, and I needed a free platform. And no, I will not switch, because I am petrified of change and technological issues.

5. How long does it take you to write a post? What’s your postly process like?
Oh, I take ages! If something's in chronological order, I can knock the written part off in half-an-hour or so, but a tag like this takes longer because I tend to chop and change, answering my favourite questions first and changing what I've written. Once I've taken / found all the necessary pictures (I gotta have ma piccies), it's usually about an hour from start to finish.

My record for longest post goes to Words for a Wednesday: All the Bright Places, which took at least four hours, because I had to spend a lot of time creating the post-it notes I was going to photograph. I also got sidetracked on YouTube.

6. Have you ever been super nervous about a post? Why?! What was it?

Actually, I get nervous about every post, because I don't want to offend anyone, but I freaked out most about The One Word I Hate Reading. I was revealing a part of myself (my disability) which I hadn't spoken about before, and if any subject was going to be offensive, this was it.

Luckily, it's got a load of views lately, and although no-one's commented to say good things, I haven't heard any bad ones either. I'm glad. :-)

7. Do you have a blogging schedule?

What is this sked-du-al that you speak of? Most of the time, I have absolutely no concept of one. I tried to get serious for the Big Blogging Bonanza, but now I basically come up with something every day without much forethought. This is my idea of a schedule.

Yeah. It may look colour coded, but that coding makes absolutely no sense.

8. Do you tell people In-Real-Life about your blog? Their reactions?
Eeek. *curls up while her insides swarm in embarrassment*. The only IRL people I've actually told willingly are my parents and my bookish friends, because I figured they might like it. Everyone else who've found out are people my parents told, and for some reason, I hate having to talk about it. Friends, relatives, please don't think it's to do with you. You all reacted in lovely ways.

9. Top ten blogs you read/comment on the most! Go! Go!
Okay, okay! I'm going!

She's Novel (new find, but awesome)
Teens Can Write Too (why did they stop this, why?)
Jessica Hische (lettering, not books)

running out of ideas now, so these ones aren't technically blogs. . .

Pinterest (I love it for book plotting)
Hogwarts is Here (an absolutely brilliant site which gives you actual wizarding homework)

Happy now?


10. If you could change/improve things about your blog, what would they be?
Hmm. I'm definitely trying to add more of my own photographs to the blog, rather than just stealing other people's, but I also think I'd like to start writing some proper book reviews, if I can muster the patience.

That's the thing. I'm really, really impatient. I'd change that too.
***
I might be (super)late doing this tag, but I want you guys to do it too! You can join in on the comments, or by adding your post link to Cait's.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! ;-D

Follow Me! I Know the Way!

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig