Lara's Bookish Pancake Bar

Yes. I'm aware pancake day was yesterday, but a) I don't post on Tuesdays, b) no-one would want to miss a pancake related book blog post, and c) who wouldn't want the celebrations for such an awesome thing to just keep going?
***

Welcome, book characters! Roll up to Lara's Bookish Pancake Bar, the bookworld-renowned establishments that makes different pancake flavours for everyone. I've got something for all of you, meticulously researched, and I do hope you enjoy. Refills, after all, are on the house . . .

Hermione Granger (Harry Potter series) - Melted Mint Chocolate with Extra Spearmint
Firstly, Hermione, I can tell you that melted chocolate on pancakes is one of the best things in the known universe. This year, I had salt caramel chocolate, and it was incredible, but when I've had mint before, it always made me think of you. I think it's this bit from Half-Blood Prince that does it:

If you could eat mint pancakes on a freshly mown lawn while you read a book made from old parchment, that would probably be the best of all worlds. However, I am unwilling to serve grass in this particular establishment, and no-one puts toothpaste in pancakes, so I have my fingers crossed that this is lovely enough.

Celaena Saradothin (Throne of Glass) - Lemon and Sugar
Celeana, could you come down from the roof please? I'm fairly confident that there's no-one up there you need to assassinate, and I have sweets to discuss with you.

Thought that might get your attention.

I am reliably informed that you love sugar, and while the flavour I have chosen is a little traditional - some might even say ordinary - among earth-dwellers, I'm pretty sure you don't serve it in Erilea. It's a good place to start for the pancake newbie, and quick enough to make that the recipe shouldn't be too taxing for you to make after a long day's assassin-ing. Let me know if you want seconds.

Okay.

Grover Underwood (Percy Jackson series) - Cheese and Avocado
Guys, has anyone seen Grover? *there is a brief pause while he is located in a rubbish bin*

Grover, come on. If you wanted a tin can, you just should have said: I've got one right here. And this pancake is effectively a cheese enchilada with bells on, and judging by this quote you absolutely adore cheese enchiladas. I've even made a special scrap-metal-and-cream one for dessert, so I really hope you lik-

At this rate, I'm going to need to make some more batter.

Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games series) - Orange and Burnt Brandy
Peeta? Are you okay? Has Katniss been sleep-shooting again?
Yup
Oh, I'm sorry. Well, I made a pancake to cheer you up, the boy with the bread who loves orange. Pancakes are a type of bread . . . ish. And I've added oranges, special sunset coloured oranges because we can't get any like Effie's hair. That would be a travesty. The burnt brandy is mostly there due to the whole nice-flavour-combination thing, but I also like the fact that your pancake can be on fire. Considering your relationship with the girl on fire.
***
I may have over-GIFed there, but never mind. 

In the comments: What's your favourite pancake flavour? Which fictional character would you give a pancake to and why? What flavour do you think they'd like?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! ;-D

Follow Me! I Know the Way!

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig